Dell: 25% less postal returns, 19% cost savings
One consistent solution for Germany, France and the Netherlands
On a weekly to monthly basis, the postal addresses of Dell’s customers are corrected and matched with relocation addresses, invalid addresses and the data of deceased persons. Find out more:
- The company: A Big Player
Dell is one of the largest technological corporations in the world. In the European core markets of the UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands, Dell has a total of more than 53 million addresses.
- The challenge: Reduce turn rate – everywhere
- The company recorded increasing postal return rates of up to more than 6%. This posed a challenge, primarily due to the shipment of high-quality,expensive catalogs. An overall solution, which would guarantee the address management for all countries, was sought. POSTADRESS GLOBAL convinced with its international experience and comprehensive consultation.
- The solution: Update, following an analysis of the costumer value
During a workshop, a strategy was developed to establish how Dell’s customer segments – existing customers, old customers, interested parties and cold addresses – should be administrated in future.
POSTADRESS GLOBAL mutually organizes the address updating in the different countries. On a weekly to monthly basis, the postal addresses of Dell’s customers are corrected and matched with relocation addresses, invalid addresses and the data of deceased persons.
In so doing, POSTADRESS GLOBAL ensures uniform address formats and coding for all countries. Here the segment code determines the hit settings: With existing customers, where the customer value is the highest, the most stringent criteria apply. To the largest extent, the matching occurs fully automated. Mostly, the updated data is available within 5 hours.
- Result: Fewer returns, more orders
- The return rate could be reduced by 25%. Based on this, the response rate increased substantially, e.g. in the Netherlands by 12%. The company now updates its addresses within half a day, instead of 3 days, as was the case previously. Thanks to the joint implementation of new processes, the company saves 19% of the address management costs.